- 52 times the size of New York City and more than five times the population
- More people than live in Wyoming, Vermont, North Dakota, Alaska, South Dakota, Delaware, Montana, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Hawaii, Idaho, Nebraska, New Mexico, West Virginia, Nevada, Utah, Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Iowa, Connecticut, Guam, The U.S. Virgin Islands, The Northern Mariana Islands and American Samoa combined
- Nearly twice the population of Australia
- 26 times the size of London
- 3 million times the population of my High School Class
If you have never lived in China be honest. Ever heard of Shenzhen? Tianjin? Guangzhou? (please don’t attempt pronunciation without help). How about New York? London? Tokyo? There are around 400 cities in the world with a population of more than one million and 160 of them are in China. Compare that to America’s 9. Rumor has it that there is one new Chinese mega-city on the horizon that you shouldn’t be able to ignore.
City planners in South China are laying out plans to create a massive new city that will be, hands down, the largest in the history of the galaxy. By merging 9 cities located around the Pearl River Delta the new monster-city will cover a huge portion of China’s southern manufacturing center that accounts for about one tenth of the Chinese economy. How big you ask? Great question. 16,000 square miles with a population of 42 million. Just to put it in perspective.